“There in Spirit” Rally Leader Guide
Your mission if you choose to accept it:
1) Get Creative!
- Think of a fun way to get your group to smile! If your group loves to dance, plan a dance party, if chair volleyball is your thing—hold a tourney during class! If your group is working on using their loud voices—a cheer would be a great way to show their spirit! The sky is the limit!
2) Think Logistically!
- Groups who meet regularly should plan the rally during a normally scheduled meeting. It’s up to you if you’d like to dedicate the whole meeting to the rally or just the last few minutes of class. Please choose a day before September 21st for your rally. This will allow enough time for us to receive and include your pics and video in our There In Spirit Showcase.
3) Prepare the troops!
- Spread the word with your group by telling them, when, where, and why you are participating in the There in Spirit Class.
- Depending on what you have planned, you may want to use some class time leading up to the rally to prepare!
- Please remind participants that the suggested donation for to participate is $10 per participant (leaders are responsible for collecting payments from their participants, however nobody should be excluded from a rally because of an inability to donate).
- Please make sure that you have a have each participant complete a Media Release form.
4) Fill us in!
- Please let us know what you have planned. Send a quick note to Katrina at email@example.com with the following info: Date and time of rally, what you have planned, how many people you expect to participate.
5) Capture the Action!
- Please take plenty of pictures and video clips (less than 10 seconds each) to be included in our compilation, and send the magic to Katrina at firstname.lastname@example.org before September 21st so that we have plenty of time to include your media in our There In Spirit Showcase.
6) Special Instructions for Facebook:
- If you plan to create a Facebook Event on your group or personal page, please add Parkinson’s Nebraska as a co-host (you will have to “like” our Facebook Page to do this) and post pictures and video from your rally to the Facebook Event page.
- If you do not create a Facebook event, but want to post pictures on a Facebook Page please tag Parkinson’s Nebraska with the photos and include #pnewalkandrunthepark at the end of your post.
7.) Snail Mail It!
- Please send your completed “There In Spirit Rosters”, signed media release forms, and collected donations to our office by September 29th.
Parkinson’s Nebraska Attn: There in Spirit
16811 Burdette St., Suite 1
Omaha, NE 68116
Once we receive your videos and pictures, we will create a “There in Spirit” video and picture collage that we will showcase at the event, and share on Parkinson’s Nebraska’s Facebook Page on September 29th.