Genesis Rehab Services: Vitality to You Program
July 31, 2019
Vitality, by definition, is “the state of being strong, active, and full of energy”. Genesis Rehab Services (GRS) offers a unique program that embodies the essence of this definition. Vitality to You is an outpatient therapy services that brings occupational, physical, and speech therapy services directly to the client, in their home or community. GRS offers this program in the Omaha Metro and in various cities throughout the state.
Not only can they provide therapy services in the home or their clinic, but they can also complete therapy sessions in non-traditional environments, focusing on community integration. Common locations include, but are not limited to, grocery stores, the gym, church work areas, family member’s homes, camp sites, restaurants, sporting events, accessing public transportation, and indoor/outdoor leisure tasks. Their team of professional, knowledgeable, and compassionate therapists assists clients in developing the skills needed to be safe and successful at home and to confidently return the tasks they want and need to do in the community.
The GSB team has extensive training in complex diseases, pain, dementia management, seating and positions, falls and balance, and specialized equipment evaluations. In the Omaha Metro area, Vitality to You also provides specialty programs for Parkinson’s disease. The program targets the Parkinson’s symptoms using the LSVT BIG ©️ and SPEAK OUT! ©️ Programs.
LSVT BIG ©️ is a four times per week, one month long program designed to combat the common motor symptoms of Parkinson’s such as shuffling gait, rigidity, small movements, poor posture, and loss of balance. The SPEAK OUT! ©️ program focuses on speech production, vocal quality, volume an control, along with a home exercise program to help maintain function once therapy is complete. Based on individual needs and personal goals, the team develops an individualized plan of care to increase safety and independence.
Listed below are common reasons for therapy services:
- Unsteady gait
- Frequent falls
- Loss of range of motion
- Decreased activity tolerance
- Difficulty with transfers
- Difficulty with mobility
- Decreased success to complete Activities of Daily Living (dressing, bathing, toileting, grooming, and hygiene, self-feeding)
- Decreased independence with home management or community tasks
- Adaptive equipment recommendation and evaluations
- Decreased safety at home
- LSVT BIG ©️ (Omaha Metro area)
- Changes with speech, resulting in others having difficulty understanding you
- Trouble expressing wants, needs and/or socializing less
- Problems with understanding or following directions
- Changes in vocal quality
- Difficulty with cognition (i.e. focusing, problem solving, memory, organizing thoughts, etc.)
- Difficulty swallowing
- SPEAK OUT! ©️ (Omaha Metro area)
Vitality to You in Omaha is the only Vitality program based out of a skilled nursing facility. If a skilled need is required, the Vitality therapists can develop a plan of care at the facility, then transition to the Vitality program after discharge. The team is able to follow clients through the entire continuum of care.
How to get started:
- Obtain an order for occupational, physical, or speech therapy services from your primary doctor or neurologist. The Vitality team can assist wit retrieving orders and determining which services would be the most beneficial.
- Verify insurance coverage.
- Get started with therapy services.
For Vitality to You program information, referrals, skilled nursing care, or assistance obtaining physician’s orders, please contact:
Molly Ganow Senior Director of Rehabilitation 2525 S. 135th Ave Omaha, NE Phone: 402-350-4232 Fax: 402-333-3356 firstname.lastname@example.org
For information regarding the Parkinson’s specialty program in the Omaha area, please contact:
Amber Rieken OTR/L, MOT, Certified Dementia Practitioner, LSVT BIG©️ Phone: 402-350-4232 email@example.com
For information on the Vitality to You program offered throughout the state, please contact RehabReferrals@vitalitytoyou.com.
Vitality to You can assist in returning to independence at home or in the community. Take control over Parkinson’s disease, and live life to the fullest!